The Komodo dragon is the largest lizard in the world and can grow up to 2-3 meters in length which would be scary enough if it weren’t for the monster’s poison bite. Despite the beast’s hideous visage and carnivorous reputation this Indonesian wildlife reserve was created to make sure that it does not go extinct.
Komodo Island is the only place in the world where the huge lizards live and their relatively small population puts them at extreme risk. Covering a number of small islands including the largest islands of Komodo, Padar, and Rinca, the national park keeps the delicate natural balance from disappearing. A number of other protected lizards, rats, and snakes also inhabit the islands along with a collection of large mammals that were introduced by man such as buffalo, deer, and monkeys.
Unlike many wildlife parks, Komodo covers four human settlements as well, all of which existed when the park was designated. The people living in the park are mainly fishermen and tradesmen.
|Includes||Transfer in and out from and to airport, Boat, Guide (English), Cook, Meals (B,L,D) during the trip, Coffee or tea and mineral water, Ranger, Entrance permit|
|Exludes||Personal expenses, Additional tour, Personal insurance, Tipping|
Day 1: Labuan Bajo – Kelor Island – Rinca Island (L/D)
- Pick up from the airport or your hotel in Labuan Bajo and transfer by car to the port to board the boat. Upon arrival on the boat we will start the voyage through the blue sea of Flores.
- Our first destination is Kelor Island, after around 45 minutes on the boat we will arrive on a small this small island. The activity is snorkeling, enjoy the beach or you can hike the hill to see the view around the island.
- Lunch serve on the boat.
- After Kelor Island we boat up to Rinca Island to meet the last dragon on earth, Komodo. Lead by the local ranger we will do the trekking through the forest and savanna to find the famous Komodo.
- The boat will slowly move to find the save place to overnight, dinner and sleep on the boat.
Day 2: Padar Island – Pink Beach – Gili Lawa(B/L)
- While enjoying you breakfast with the view, the boat is heading to Padar Island. Upon arrial we will hike to the top of the island and enjoy the best view in Komodo Islands. Use your trekking shoes because the trek is slippery and steep hill.
- After trekking in Padar Island, the boat is cruising to Pink Beach. The famous beach with its mixing red and white sand. Enjoy the colorful coral and many kind of fish by snorkeling, you also can just lay down on the beach to enjoy the sun and the scenery.
- The last island we will visit is Kanawa Island. Snorkeling or swimming in the island with white sand beach and beautiful underwater world.
- After Kanawa Island we will back to Labuan Bajo, pack you bag and farewell to the crew on board.
- Upon arrival at the jetty the car is waiting, transfer to your hotel or airport in Labuan Bajo
- See you next trip.
Note: Itineraries are samples only. Cruise itineraries are subject to the season, wind, current and weather around Komodo National Park.